Tuesday 13 January 2009

Mutabel

Mutabel

Serves 4

A tasty Arabic dip served with pita bread.

Ingredients

Whole brinjals – 125 gms
Olive oil – 100 ml
Tahina or sesame paste – 20 gms
Garlic – 2 cloves
Lemon juice – 75 ml
Salt – to taste
Olive oil – 5 ml (For garnish)
Parsley – 5 gms, chopped
Fresh pomegranate seeds – 10 gms.


Method


Lightly pierce the brinjals with a fork.

Roast over a naked flame on the hob or grill until the outer skin is charred .Cool and remove the skin. Mash the brinjals well. Combine with olive oil, tahina, garlic, lime juice and salt. Garnish with olive oil, parsley and pomegranate seeds. Serve with Pita bread.

9 comments:

Vasanthan said...

you should advertise this section in your main blog. there is some really yummy looking stuff here.

Unknown said...

iam going to try this ...

SaiRam said...

I want to taste this recipe. Can u make this and give it to krithika ?

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Vasanthan

I will do it! :) Thanks!

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@Sai

Let me know how it turned out to be :)

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

@SaiRam

Yea sure, when I do it I ll send it through Krithi :)

Shama Nagarajan said...

nice yummy recipe

Uma Anandane said...

a very nice recipe
gonna try it....in btw ,cld u chk my post and vote to suppot me

Able Lawrence said...

Will brinjal prepared by Microwave suffice. (We do it while making Bharta)